Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 168

Monday, February 28, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .One of those “sit back and let the characters do the talking” writing days. I could not have predicted this exchange between the Protagonist and her husband. It was uncomfortable for the three of us.  =) Ew, ick.
            My Guy ordered a used copy of my second book, Surrender of the Heart published in 1999 by Crossway Books. It has long been out of print but of course copies are out there. 
This one arrived from Wisconsin. It’s the hardback library edition (printed by Five Star Christian Fiction Series in 2000) (my copy was lost in the fire) with a very simple and pretty cover. According to the stickers on it, this one had at one time been on the shelf of the Angie W. Cox Public Library in Pardeeville, Wisconsin.
Isn’t that fun? Bless those librarians who stock my books on their shelves.  ;)  Bless those patrons who ask for them.
Surrender of the Heart was one of three finalists for the (then, second annual) Christy Award, a group that seems to have a low profile.
On the back cover is a review that I do not remember at all, from the Library Journal: “. . .a fast-paced, well-written story that boasts realistic, often funny dialog, some excellent description, and an appealing, upbeat picture of a sincere Christian congregation.”
Well! I like that a lot. (Pat, pat myself on the back.) It reminds me of what can happen in my stories. Thanks be to God.  =)
THE DETAILS. . .A bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment