Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 182


Monday, March 14, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Incorporated the weekend's jotted notes. Concerned about pacing.
Reminder: every scene must move the plot forward. One way this happens is in the change of a character: begin a scene with her in one condition (emotionally, mentally, physically: safe, in danger, happy, sad, etc.), end the scene with her in the opposite condition.
This is why we turn pages. This is why movies keep us in our seats.
Facebook author page – Three readers have responded to the offer to receive an early copy of Desert Gift, write a review, and post it online. Reviews on other author’s books sometime sway my decision to buy/read or not; they are an important aspect of the writing business. Sometimes I read about my own books and am delighted to learn how a reader “saw” the story in ways I did not have in mind.
THE DETAILS. . .Noon time walk. Early a.m. walks have disappeared in recent weeks as I jump first thing into the story. Makes for better writing and unhappy hips. It’s obviously spring break for some people; the pier is a busy, busy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment