Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, March 7, 2011

Days 173 - 174


Saturday – Sunday, March 5 – 6, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . . I stewed a bit over the unfinished business – Facebook author page, emails from readers, emails from friends. Time for time off.
            THE DETAILS. . .I tended to plants and then I prepared dinner; friends (two other couples) came over to eat the dinner and brought lovely appetizers and desserts.  =) Nice time of laughter and learning new things about others. (So much history to cover when you’ve reached my age.)
            I looked at my plate of food and realized anew how much My Guy does for me. I enjoy having friends over and feeding them, but I could not begin to do it without his help and support. He vacuums and scrubs floors. He went to the grocery store for the potatoes and rolls. He got the English peas at the farmers market. He grilled the meat. I guess I set the table.  Ha, ha, ha.
            Sunday I received two wonderful gifts: a birthday blessing (on the first Sunday of every month, birthday people get a special prayer said for them) and a beautiful Pashmina shawl from Israel just because this woman likes me and her husband went there.  =)  Do I feel loved or what?
            Recipe:

            Pork Tenderloin Surprise
            Slice pork tenderloin into pieces 1 ½ inches thick.
            Layer on each piece a slice of onion, a slice of green pepper.
            Set each piece on 2 pieces of bacon, criss-crossed. Then wrap the bacon over the meat; secure with toothpicks.
            Grill indirectly for 50 minutes.
            Near end of grilling time, top each with a slice of cheddar cheese.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment