Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 185


Thursday, March 17, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Long, solid hours of digging deep into the characters’ souls and “showing” the impact of their decisions. An overdone day for me, exhausted, wiped out. After experiencing similar days with every book I’ve written, I guess I can conclude that it is a necessary part of my process.
            THE DETAILS. . .More birdsong around 3 a.m.  =)
            Happy St. Patrick’s Day! The Chicago River was dyed green this week, an annual sight to behold. I wore a green sweater at my desk.
My great-grandfather Jack Moore was Irish; my grandmother had the red hair and a wacky streak in her that did not come from her German mother. I think she had that underlying, inexplicable sense of joie de vivre because given her life circumstances, she shouldn’t have been smiling as much as she did.
Genealogy has long fascinated me. My now-16-year-old character (she had birthday) is on a quest to learn more about her heritage. And now I am back to The Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment