Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 171


Thursday, March 3, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Yummy, yummy, yummy. Lots of meat today, words to chew on and savor. Many surprises as well.
            Most days I change seating positions, go from desk chair to rocker, because my hips tells me to or the sun chases me from the desk (I’m anti-shutting the blinds). Today I didn’t budge. I missed lunch. Nice.
            THE DETAILS. . .Unwound by walking to the new and improved Library and roaming through it. All new paint and carpet, new arrangements, some walls down, restrooms (nuts, I forgot to check out the new plumbing), the staircase moved, a nice young adult section separate from the children’s, a huge large-print book section. Such a cheery place.
            I felt bad about the carpet on the stairs, though. It’s beautiful, a solid navy blue. Yep, shows every teensy tiny piece of lint and dirt and thread. It’s the kind that could drive you nuts in a house; you’d wear out the vacuum and eventually give up caring about conspicuous dirt.
            It reminded me of when a new library was opened in my hometown many years ago and the lighting was not conducive to reading. Go figure.
            Home Group…sweet time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment