Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, February 14, 2011

Days 152 - 153


Saturday – Sunday, February 12 – 13, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .A friend talked about her new IPad and it was an “oh rats I have some tweaking to do” moment for me.
My Protagonist has a smart phone (I think that’s a generic term for those things that make emailing possible and easy from anywhere). I do not have a smart phone. I do not think as one who has a smart phone thinks.
I am reminded of how quickly contemporary fiction becomes dated. Cell phones were not common in my early books. They change a landscape which now shifts faster than ever.
I am also reminded of my grandmother who was intrigued with tacos (she pronounced it with a short a, “takkos”). On most levels, her adventurous spirit embraced the new. My attitude needs a tweak.  =)  I fuss at trying to turn on the television; I really fuss at the complicated procedures necessary to get to a particular show.
THE DETAILS. . .Some soul-nurturing activities. . .Church. My Guy and I worked with plants and a latticework, totally remaking the deck (with little yard, this is a big deal). Old friends came for dinner; I put Dijon and tarragon on the salmon, stuffed the squash blossoms with goat cheese.
We received news that My Guy’s elderly aunt passed away on Sunday, in the Midwest. In this life she was so in love with God that I smile imagining her complete joy at their face-to-face meeting, when – as Margaret Becker sings it – she “fell into Love’s embrace.” Bless you, Aunt Betty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment