Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 156


Wednesday, February 16, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .The Protagonist’s husband surprised me today. I should have known; this part of his inner landscape was hinted at in his opening scene, but I have not been paying attention. It appeared, directed at his wife this time, and intense.
            Challenges: to keep conflict in the story, to handle it loosely, to allow it to have its life-changing impact for good or for bad, to resolve it without using coincidences or pat formulas or clichés.
            THE DETAILS. . .Organized a few things, clothes closet and books – a brain-resting and creative activity resulting in a pleasant order. My reference books are now in one place…Christopher Vogler’s The Writer’s Journey; Roget’s super big Thesaurus; Flip Dictionary, The Chicago Manual of Style. Webster remains atop the desk, next to the printer.
            Ah, music worship service at church tonight, a definite soul-nurturing activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment