Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 165


Friday, February 25, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Caught myself wanting to explain/describe every jot and tittle of what’s going on in the daily life of my Protagonist. Sigh.
Reminder to self:  This does not move the plot forward!
Two things contribute to this penchant:  1) I live with these people; I need to know what they are up to day and night.  2) Often when I read fiction I find myself asking something like, “But why or how did they get here; and what about her handbag or her coat that was back in this other scene and is unaccounted for??”
Reminder to self: Read the above reminder.
THE DETAILS. . .Walks. Precious time with unexpected visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment