Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, October 4, 2010

Days 6 & 7


Saturday and Sunday, September 18-19, 2010. . .The weekend.
Characters and  scenes played in my imagination now and then. They have taken up residence and won’t go away for months.
DETAILS. . .I soaked in the ambience of an old-fashioned bookstore (creaky wooden floors; for décor: a set of worn Harvard Classics, a collection of old Nancy Drew). Was hungry for chewy writing, not my usual milk chocolate of suspense. Cutting for Stone by Verghese, a recommendation some time ago by a friend, caught my attention and money. Much satisfaction after reading three pages. Ahh.
Saw The Concert, a movie in French and Russian with subtitles, delighted me and My Guy; intriguing storyline, people, and beautiful Tchaikovsky. New tires on my pink bike! Long-distance giggle fests with the two granddaughters.
Church time as usual beyond the scope of adjectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment