Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 37


Tuesday, October 19, 2010. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Again with the 1 a.m. tugs on the imagination. “You forgot about this.” Okay, okay. I guess I wasn’t quite ready to let the new folks go and spend time with the old ones.  =) I took notes and incorporated them later in the morning.
            Whenever we begin to write a story, we keep in mind that the protagonist has a former life. She did not spring into being on page one. What was she doing the night before the morning earthquake struck? This was the specific I had not imagined yet. I knew what her daughter was doing but forgot her.
            It was an easy fix and of course fleshed her out some more. But it was personally for me a duh moment.
            Have I mentioned I really, really like these new people?
            THE DETAILS. . .The ongoing drizzly mist turned into a steady rain as I was walking on the pier. I got wet. The rain kept up throughout the day. Did errands related to our upcoming trip to see Fam in the Midwest. I got wet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment