Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 33


Friday, October 15, 2010. . .Characters ushered me along today. The best of writing times.
            I did some reading aloud. It’s a helpful practice, especially with dialogue, to hear the written word spoken. The ear picks up rhythms or lack of which the eye cannot.
In years past I would read an entire manuscript out loud before turning it in. The stories were not as long back then. Maybe this is a good discovery today, to vocally read bits at a time.
Also a story reads differently on paper than on monitor. =)
            Yes, we have a cover for the book coming out next June. \O/ And a very nice one it is indeed.
            DETAILS. . .Early walk this morning, all the fishers were fishing, less walkers/joggers out = my “good-morning response” record was not even neared.
However, joy of joys, one older man returned my good morning with “Good morning, love.” Very sweet but the best part is, as I continued on my way, was the resounding of that word “love” in my imagination. Guess who ran into it and took it for his own? The protagonist’s husband. It fits him wonderfully. I had kept trying to put “honey” and “sweetheart” and “dear” in his mouth and he would not say any of them.
This paragraph belongs up above, not in the DETAILS section.
Ha, ha. One of those days where the line of demarcation is very blurry indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment