Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, October 4, 2010

Days 12, 13, 14

Friday, September 24, 2010. . .Imagination time while driving east through California, east and north into Arizona, desert and mountaints, most wondrous beauty food for the soul.
            DETAILS. . .And then once again children in my arms – son, daughter-in-law, two granddaughters. Over the next sixty-six hours, all else moves to the far edges of my mind.

Saturday, September 25, 2010. . .I break the “no-talking” rule with two people: my daughter and my daughter-in-law. Today it’s with DIL. It’s like a game of racquetball. Back and forth, side to side, whack, whomp, yes, maybe not. She is a good sounding board for story.
A bumper sticker catches my eye: What would Xena do? I laugh and laugh and tuck it away. My protagonist will like it.
            DETAILS. . .DIL takes me to an exercise class. I last twenty of the sixty minutes and spend the remainder of the day getting acquainted with altitude sickness. Seven thousand feet has not been a problem before. But then I never tried NIA before (a fun mix of dance, martial arts, yoga moves, upbeat music). Of course I doubt I could get through an entire workout at sea level either. Did I need this in-your-face out-of-shape message? Probably.

Sunday, September 26, 2010. . .Thanks be to God for a day of rest.
            DETAILS. . .Stiff does not begin to describe the muscles that thought they could dance yesterday. Ow, ow, ow.
Ancient ruins lie around just the corner. We follow the base of the mountain, from the house to the pueblo site where the Sinagua lived from 1100 – 1275. We arrive in time for a tour with an archeologist who worked the site thirty years ago. Fascinating history. We join in a dig and shoot arrows with a bow.



No comments:

Post a Comment