Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 27

                                                         Okapi [Okapia johnstoni]


Saturday, October 9, 2010. . .Stephen King writes in his autobiographical On Writing  that he writes 365 days a year. I don’t. Okay so maybe writing fiction is not life for me.  =)  I wonder if he is able to turn it off? I become unbalanced if I don’t set aside time. Today was a set-aside day, a turn-it-off day, a precautionary measure.
            FYI, Writer Friends, his book is full of practical information in the descriptions of how he writes a novel. One example that I like to incorporate is his practice of writing between certain hours of the day and doing absolutely nothing else.
Absolutely nothing else. No laundry, cooking, emails, etcetera.
            DETAILS. . .My Guy and I went to the Wild Animal Park, one of my favorite places. It’s that God speaking through nature thing again. The animals crack me up and the lush foliage send me to the moon.

1 comment: