Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 8


Monday, September 20, 2010. . .The weekend’s musings go from head to laptop. I edited, too soon but it’s necessary before turning in this section soon for editors’ feedback. The new writing is always a little slow, typical after a day off. The protagonist spoke too softly at first.
            The recurring conundrum presents itself: do I have a life outside of the story or not? Do I “check out” more than I already do for an extended period? Why do I have to live and breathe these people?
            DETAILS. . .Walk. Visit with cousin-in-law, the Artist/Artist’s Mother. Lingered over her latest oils and let their beauty fill me. Inspired by her plants as well, I repotted my ailing basil.
NCIS reruns with My Guy.
            Saddened by the death of a stranger, hit by a train two blocks away late Saturday night. Bits of yellow police tape lay on the ground reminding me exactly where it happened almost every day as I walk past. Prayers for all concerned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment