Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, January 31, 2011

Days 138 - 139


Saturday – Sunday, January 29 – 30, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Characters pulling on my ear all weekend. Psst.
Now is one of those times to sink totally into story. Worked on how to rearrange my schedule. “Just say no,” “the haircut can wait,” and “the business side belongs in its own time slot” should take care of it. =)
For me, it’s a story rhythm thing. Other factors – holidays, the May 1 deadline, life – enter in, but mostly it has to do with the characters. They are breathing on their own, they have needs and concerns, decisions to make, swords to pull out of stones and carry home. I must linger with them, make the journey alongside them.
THE DETAILS. . .A visit to the Wild Animal Park a.k.a. Safari Park. Got almost close enough to a giraffe to zoom in and photograph her eyelashes. Church. Reading. Finally finished The Lotus Eaters. Yes I am a slow, plodding reader. I like to savor each word. I think I write the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment