Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 116


Friday, January 7, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .I had to do it: fine-tooth comb a scene. I went over it and over it as if this were the final edit. It is a turning point in the story. The protagonist has reached a decision that will change her life forever. She does not realize it will impact her and her family in such a major way. All she knows at this point is that she must go.
To get her to this point, I had to shake up her status quo, throw her into the throes of dilemma until she is between a rock and a hard place. This scene is her moving out from that place, choosing a direction she never would have considered if not for events leading up to this situation.
I wanted to get it precisely “right”. It will affect what comes after.
            THE DETAILS. . .Oh happy day. My firstborn, my son arrived 33 years ago, around 4 a.m., weighing in at 8 pounds and 15 ounces. I celebrated his life in my heart all day today. What a gift he is. What a gift to be his mother.
            Party tonight with church friends at another’s home. Twelfth Night became Fourteenth Night, a reason to gather and eat and chat, chat, chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment