Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 128


Wednesday, January 19, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Worked on things related to marketing and communicating with readers.
            THE DETAILS. . .Household chores. Email catch-ups.
Thinking about the Hawaiian language with its only 13 characters in the alphabet. No wonder the sounds and combinations are so intriguing.
Thinking about the novel The Lotus Eaters in which I spent most of the previous travel day. It’s set in Vietnam, 1963-1975, the story about a female photographer’s experience during the war. When I look at those dates I realize why that war so affects me still, why it plays a role in two of my novels: because it was the backdrop to my world from junior high until after I married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment