Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 129


Thursday, January 20, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Yay for an easy-breezy leap into the story after a few days away, all due to my following the simple rule about which I harp to myself: do not, do not, do not stop at the end of a scene. Writing on the plane just enough to keep in touch with the folks also helped.
            Digging deeply into the main character’s emotions now. I will probably have to pull back from reading too much of The Lotus Eaters; its heavy tone will infect my writing. I incorporate some heaviness but my stories are not meant to have that voice throughout.
            THE DETAILS. . .Farmers market down the street; mmm fresh spinach and broccoli and eggs and salmon. Home Group; shared chocolate-covered macadamia nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment