Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 130


Friday, January 21, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Settings are big deals. Environments create ambience and dictate much of what the characters do. There are no quick getaways during a blizzard. Everybody knows everybody in a small town. People in large cities ride trains and walk a lot.
To date I think I have incorporated only places with which I am personally acquainted. It’s easier that way. =) Less research, more imaginative energy available to direct toward emotion.
At the moment my characters are in coastal Oregon, an area I visited often when Son, Daughter-in-Law, and Grands lived there. Beautiful, huge, wet, green, so-not-Southern-California.
It is amazing how much sensory memory is released through the act of writing.
THE DETAILS. . .Shared “my” pier with a friend. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment