Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 113


Tuesday, January 4, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .On my mind today was the idea of reader voices. These belong to reviewers, friends, strangers, editors. Sometimes they try to nag, but once I push them aside I have to laugh. There is no way that my work will satisfy every reader. This was a hard lesson to learn early on, to not take the voices personally.
Some help, of course, like those of editors. Others are opinions coming from people of such diverse backgrounds there is no connection. For example, one wants more physically descriptive scenes of intimacy while another thinks kissing before marriage is a major taboo.
THE DETAILS. . .Haircut and bike ride. ;) Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment