Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 121


Wednesday, January 12, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Listening for the teenager’s vocabulary again as she encounters a new environment. ;) Daughter and Daughter-in-Law, both of whom work with high school students, help me out via emails.
THE DETAILS. . .Marines were jogging today along my walking route, coming at me. As usual, almost every single one greets me with a nod and/or a “good morning,” sometimes even a “ma’am.” One by one they pass me and one by one I say a prayer. They  are all so young and fresh. Lord, keep him safe. Meet his needs. Hold close his loved ones.
An overdue coffee time with a special friend. “Coffee” is code for catch-up talk. Starbucks is jammed; outdoor sitting is uncomfortably cold in a breezy shade. We head to Barnes and Noble. Ah, books and a friend…soul nurturing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment