Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Days 231 – 232

Monday – Tuesday, May 2 – 3, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Some online writing-related correspondence; mailed an advanced reader copy to a reviewer.
            This is the waiting time, the weeks when I catch-up on the rest of life and check in with reality. It’s a time to breathe differently. It can be a time of I hope I hope I hope oh I hope they like it.  =)  Gratefully, when that thought comes regarding Heart Echoes, it is soon followed by I did my best and they know how to make it better.
            THE DETAILS. . .More garden work.  I’m loving the creative and physical work. The “front yard/patio” space is maybe eight by fifteen feet (wild guess; I have no clue about distances; it's the size of a large room) plus some side yard with sidewalk leading to the front door which is actually on the side of the house.
The Santa Ana winds are blowing like crazy and the 82 degrees feels extra wonderful after a longer-than-what-I-remember rainy, cool winter.  It’s supposed to be days of “May gray” before next month's “June gloom,” but three days into it and that’s not here yet.
Lunch and girl talk with sister-in-law and cousin-in-law.  =)
Am sooo excited about a book that just arrived, The Five Books of Moses, a translation by Everett Fox.  It’s a literal Hebrew rendering of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. Fox takes a long introduction to explain this Hebraic voice. Simply put, he has tried to “mimic the … rhetoric” by using the repetition, alliteration, and wordplay found in the original texts.  The result is a sort of prose-poetry that begs to be read aloud so that the ear might take part in the power of the language. 
I’ve read to Genesis 1:19 and am surrounded by beauty. I’ve never ready anything like it.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment