Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 238


Monday, May 9, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Filled with gratitude and delight as I wrote about Desert Gift on the Facebook author page.  Yep, happy as a lark except for the struggle to post the back-cover words and the cover’s image.  Ack!  But I succeeded.  And I announced winners of copies to women who participated in the discussions which was way fun. 
            Reviews are out there.  I wince at the thought of reading any.  I am such a coward. They will affect me, although not for long or intensely:  for a few minutes I will be giddy or bummed. Oh well, it comes with the territory – if I read them.  Ha, ha.  They are a great help to readers, of course.  I use them all the time when choosing a book.
            Google informs me about things concerning my books.  A review showed up, I peeked.  =)  Here it is: “Review of Desert Gift by Sally John : A true gift of inspiration for a hurting soul.” Nice, huh?
            Read more at: freshfiction.com/review.php?id=29372            
Last week I donated books (the ones set in San Diego) to a school fundraiser. My friend, a mom at the school, said the books did well in the silent auction, which was nice to hear.  =)
THE DETAILS. . .At last, a lingering, creative grocery store(s) run. And I actually spent more than twenty minutes in the kitchen. Yummy spaghetti (with low-carb linguine). 

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! And as stated, it is another masterpiece - I just can't wait to get my hands on it now and be immersed in the story!

    ReplyDelete