Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, April 11, 2011

Days 208 - 209


Saturday – Sunday, April 9 – 10, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .A middle-of-the-night tweaking in my imagination. Early morning note jotting. Okay, now I can let it go.
            THE DETAILS. . .A cold, windy yet sunny weekend. My Guy and I managed to sit at the beach, bundled in sweats and jackets and blankets, and read.
Cahill’s book, The Gifts of the Jews, continues to enlighten; it’s such a succinct history lesson, not only about what physically occurred but also along the lines of developing spirituality.
Got lost in a Coben novel, for me an out-and-out writing lesson: character development and dialogue are models.
Oh, such a treat! A breakfast reunion with long-distance old friends in town. Face-to-face time after four years was the stuff of soul feeding. But the best part was to  meet, at long last, their daughter, the talented, creative young woman who designed my pretty website.  My world is richer having met her. KB, you are an absolute delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment