Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 49


Sunday, October 31, 2010. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Spent much of the afternoon and evening in airports and on airplanes reading. Finished Child’s novel and as usual – despite the “whoa I can’t recommend this book to anyone I know!” reaction (I mean the hero wreaks violent havoc against really bad, evil guys) – I admire the author’s writing techniques. It seems technique wins over subject matter in my choice of reading.
There is a perfect rhythm and pitch to his writing. Scene- and chapter-ending hooks are grand. The way he elongates a moment is masterful. These are things that makes any type of novel a work of art.
THE DETAILS. . .Goodbyes to Daughter and Son-in-law.  =(  Airports and airplanes. Quiche at the French bistro in the Denver airport is tasty.

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels! Looking forward to seeing you back here soon.

    ReplyDelete