Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 261

Wednesday, June 1, 2011. . .
            THE WRITING. . .Fun e-book news from the publisher: Amazon.com chose Ransomed Dreams to be part of their summer promotion. From now until June 15th, the Kindle edition is available for 99 cents!! Wow!
            Lost myself in my trove of writing notes. Such bliss!  =)  And hard work. I haven’t taught a workshop in a while; putting things in order was a necessity. Read, printed, and moved files from the Backup place into the easier-to-get-at place in Mac.
            Interesting that I still basically follow the same process that I did ten years ago. I’ve had great teachers, some in person, some in books.
            THE DETAILS. . .Three separate thoughts about life’s daily-ness have coalesced. Together they make for a lovely rhythm to the day:
            1. From a card with a sparkly pig wearing funny headgear ~ “Do something silly every day.”
            2. From a customer behind me in Starbucks as I hurriedly put my wallet back in my purse and picked up my bag of beans ~ “Slow down, honey. Nothing is that important.” And yes, she spoke with an engaging Southern lilt that perfectly fit her admonition.
            3. From the monk Thomas Merton (A Book of Hours, page 136, Psalm Prayer) ~
“There should be at least a room, or some corner where no one will find you and disturb you or notice you. You should be able to untether yourself from the world and set yourself free, loosing all the fine strings and strands of tension that bind you, by sight, by sound, by thought, to the presence of other men.
“‘But thou, when thou shalt pray, enter into thy chamber, and having shut the door, pray to they Father in secret…’
“Once you have found such a place, be content with it, and do not be disturbed if a good reason takes you out of it. Love it, and return to it as soon as you can, and do not be quick to change it for another.”
Amen. Do something silly. Slow down. Sit with the Holy One.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on Ransomed Dreams being chosen by Amazon for an e-book; what exciting news! I think I love the 3 points about everyday life even more, though, because I resonate with each of them - not necessarily in the doing of them at all times, but in the fact that I need to work on incorporating them more consistently into daily life. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete