Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Recipe


Seafood Bisque ~ Created by Daughter-in-Law

Onions, Carrots, Potatoes, Garlic
-->  Sauté in butter, 5 minutes

Scallops and Shrimp
--> Add
--> Sauté 10 minutes

Chicken Broth, 4 cups
--> Add to above
--> Bring to boil
--> Reduce heat

Fresh Sage, Thyme, Basil, Rosemary
Clams with juice, 1 can [regular size]
--> Add
--> Simmer medium/low, 15 minutes

Cream, 1 pint
Butter, 4 tablespoons
Lemon Juice, 2 tablespoons
Minced garlic, to taste
Fresh Herbs (more)
Salt and Pepper
-->Add; heat through

Top with shredded Gruyere Cheese
Serve with French Baguette

This made approximately 12 - 15 bowls. 
Fresh ingredients make the best (scallops, shrimp, herbs)

[My daughter-in-law does not follow a recipe without tweaking it until it is unrecognizable. And she makes up her own yummy concoctions with whatever is available. Sometimes if I'm nice she will write down a recipe for me.  =)  Or I will jot down steps and ingredients as I watch her work. Where amounts are not noted, I wing it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment