Sally

Sally

About Me

My photo
California, United States
I'm a wife, mom, mom-in-law, grandma, and writer. To read more, visit www.sally-john.com. :)

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 51


Tuesday, November 2, 2010. . .
            THE WRITING. . .A focused effort of hard work gave way to contentment. It’s difficult to return after any amount of time away from the story. After a week or so away, I have to read what I’ve written and reacquaint myself with the people and the events that have already occurred. It led to some editing, though I held back and did not dwell in that mode.
            This slowing of the work is why writers check out of reality.
            I began filling in that calendar now in a file.  =)
            THE DETAILS. . .Morning walk, delayed because with the shorter days the streets were too dark before 7 a.m.  Made country ribs in the Crock Pot. I nearly missed the start time because I was caught up in the writing. What happened to all those 10 to 12 hour recipes? It’s best if I can turn the thing on by 8 a.m. By 10 a.m. I am elsewhere!  Maybe when My Guy and I were first married (we received at least three slow cookers for wedding gifts back in 1973) and dinner was often started long before 8 a.m., we ate a lot of mushy meat?
            Still picking at the unpacking and laundry. Talk about a slow cooker.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment